Friday, December 28, 2007

2007!

Its been almost a year since I last posted and its almost a year since I started posting!

Was it ennui or was I just tired of being one of the very few 'Indian real estate bears'? I'm not sure whether it was one or both, but am back with a new energy and more conviction of the impending fall of real estate in India.

2007 was a very interesting year for me. I learnt quite a bit about real estate, economy, LBOs, CDOs, M1, M2 .... It was a 'Alice in Wonderland' experience for me. For a person more accustomed to the certainty of Newtonian physics and field of computer software which follows clear and succinct logic it was a step into unchartered territory.

The world of economics is not a WYSIWYG world. Two economists see the same data and come up with two completely opposing views. It is beautiful in a sense, but it is quite scary that there is no absolute picture which everyone sees and agrees upon.

Now moving away from the metaphysical ramblings, I'll bid adieu with a note that I'll start posting more on 'Indian Real Estate'.

Annam

No comments: